I have been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by Becca from The Becca Files! Thanks so much!! Be sure to check out her post.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select up to 15 bloggers to whom you want to give this award
My Blog’s Story:
Around a year ago, I was completely obsessed with Goodreads and booktube. As I watched some of my favorite booktubers review books, I noticed that they all talked about receiving the books for free from the publisher. (Shout-out to my favorites: JessetheReader, Hailey in Bookland, and ReadbyZoe.) That made me super curious, so I started researching what sites would give you free books. (Tell me in the comments below if you’d like to see a post about those sites.) That is really was how it all began. I decided I wanted to do something a little more productive with my blog after I created it, so I made my reviews revolve a lot around cleanliness. That’s something I always search for when looking at reviews, but almost never find. I’m very glad I started this site!
Advice to New Bloggers:
If you haven’t seen it, I have a full post about book reviewing pros and cons that you might want to check out: Becoming a Book Reviewer.
- Don’t worry about your follower count. At the beginning, your posts won’t get liked very much. Don’t freak out! It’s okay. It takes a while for people to discover your work. Talk to other bloggers, make friends, tag people in posts! Eventually, you will be having so much fun that you post because you just want to, not because a certain amount of people will see it.
- Take a break! It’s perfectly normal to get overwhelmed when you start a blog. Take some time off when you need it. Make sure to post that you are taking a hiatus, though, so your followers know where you are!
I think the people that need this recognition are some of the older blogs, so the new ones can get some good advice! If your blog is over 4 years old, consider yourself tagged! Your thoughts are needed.