What?! After 4ish months of blogging, I have hit the milestone of 100 followers!! I am so excited!!! I appreciate all of you so much. This blogging experience has been amazing for me, and I love seeing all your comments on my posts!
I was going to be super ambitious and tag every single one of my followers but… I realized I didn’t have time for that. So, instead I am giving a shout-out to my first ten followers — thank you for encouraging me to continue!
- My 10th lovely follower is Peachy from Book Dragon Lair!
- #9 is HashtagProse!
- #8 is BeateYogini!
- #7 is Carly from As Told By Carly!
- #6 is Peri from P.S. It’s Peri!
- #5 is Alysha from FloralReads!
- #4 is Toni from Quiet Happiness and Rain!
- #3 is Merry Hearts Medicine!
- #2 is Book Reviews Anonymous!
- And my 1st amazing follower is…. (drum roll please) Jenia from Genuinely Jenia!
Thank you all for your support!!
I’ll also be answering ten questions about my blog (because 10 shout-outs x 10 questions = 100. Right?).
1. How long have you been blogging?
I started in December of 2017 on this blog. I had another one for around two years.
2. How long does it take you to find/make pictures to use?
It really depends on the picture. I normally search whatever I want and filter it so it is “public domain.” (I don’t want to get sued!) If I can’t find one I like, I normally make it on PicMonkey. (That takes around ten minutes on average.)
3. What do you think one should do to have a successful blog?
Work, work, work, and have tons of fun! Haha! I would say: post consistently, post often, tag well, talk to other bloggers, participate in tags and awards, and don’t stress over your follower count.
4. Do you enjoy blogging?
So, so much. I wouldn’t do it if I didn’t enjoy it. Scheduling posts has also been awesome.
5. What advice would you give a new blogger?
Just be patient. Your blog is not going to be famous overnight, and that’s okay!
6. What lesson have you learned from the blogging world?
Don’t get in over your head. At first, I was so overjoyed at the book submissions I was getting that I didn’t realize how many I had accepted! It was a little rough, and I’m still working on staying caught up on reviews.
7. What is the hardest thing about blogging?
Either simply writing the post or tagging. I always feel like I’m not putting the absolute best tags on my posts, but it’s hard to do!
8. What is one thing your would change about the appearance of your blog?
Maybe the background. I’ve never been 100% sure I liked the light blue.
9. Who is one famous person you wish would read your blog?
Hmm… maybe J.K. Rowling — just to see what she thought of my writing style.
10. What is your favorite thing to do while writing a blog post?
I’m so excited over all of my followers (I know.. hypocritical after my answer to #3. Haha!). Thank you for supporting my blog and thanks for reading!